Workprint – August 2015

As noted in the last instalment, I’ve been feeling all demo-ish lately so have spent most of the last month writing demo code; the result is a dentro called Bus Noise and, assuming the music turns up in time for me to get the linking done, it’ll be released at Sundown this coming weekend under the Slipstream banner. Here’s a teaser screenshot from the opening credits…

…and I might try to get a few other bits and bobs ready for the UK’s only scene party as well, but it does depend somewhat on available time.

Also on the demo front I do have another, more long-term project in mind; back in the 1980s and to a lesser degree the 1990s we just used to throw a part or two together and release regardless of if there was a party. I’d quite like to work on smaller, monthly releases using spare assets in the same way – my primary concern is about tying myself down to a monthly deadline (since I’m not particularly well organised) but opinions are more than welcome and, since we’re on the subject of bravery, I’m toying with setting up a Patreon account but worry that nobody loves me enough…!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Workprint – August 2015”

1. Roysterini says:

2. Roysterini says:

I’d be interested to see monthly demos, yeah. Like ya say, we used to release stuff whenever we fancied back in the day. Bring it on 🙂

3. Jason says:

I’ve already got a few ideas, so it’s just a matter of finding time to implement ’em really… well, that and finding/coming up with graphics and music to go around the routines. =-)

4. Daz says:

What about Hammer Down? Love demo’s but need Hammer Down LOL

5. andy says:

Like I said on IRC, I’m liking that Slipstream logo!

Regular, smaller demo releases would be a good thing in my book. I usually have some spare sprites, charsets, music, etc kicking around, so if you need anything, give me a shout…

6. Jason says:

@Daz: At this stage it’s more down to Psytronik and RGCD, they’re the publishers and I’m just the developer! There was a spot of confusion about who was meant to be supplying the cover artwork which has been resolved, once that’s sorted Ste Day is hopefully going to weave his magic to give us the loading screen so that Sean and I can finish linking the cassette and disk versions respectively. Cartridge… i need to talk to James about that, I’ve no idea how to link for 64K cartridge…

7. Jason says:

@Andy: might take you up for some of those, ta. =-)